Mobile Device Management (MDM) Privacy Information
CUIMC uses Ivanti for mobile device management (MDM) to help enforce required University policies for securing endpoints and to periodically report on enrolled smartphones and tablets.
For a printer-friendly version of this information see our Ivanti Privacy Quick Tips PDF.
Columbia University respects your privacy. Ivanti Mobile at Work MDM cannot access your application data, call history, voicemail, or SMS (text) messages on your mobile device. We cannot and do not collect your personal data or GPS location information.
The information we collect and why:
- Device ID and information on storage capacity, operating system, carrier, and firmware - to uniquely identify your device and to ensure that we're looking at the correct records if it’s lost or stolen.
- List of apps installed by MDM, not including your personal apps.
- Jailbreak or root detection - indicates whether built-in security features have been bypassed. You will be informed by the app if your device is jailbroken or rooted.
Permissions requested and why:
- Add/remove restrictions - to establish minimum security standards such as requiring a device passcode and auto screen lock.
- Remotely erase University data - if you leave the University or you lose your device.
We store the following information for each device:
- UDID (Unique Device Identifier)
- Wi-Fi MAC address
- Phone number
- Cellular technology
- Cellular network ID
- Model name
- SIM carrier
- Device Serial number
- Carrier settings version
- Jailbroken/rooted status
- Time of enrollment in MDM service
- Times and dates of accessing the service