Pharos Print Center
The Pharos Print Center website can be used upload print jobs to Pharos from any computer or mobile device that is connected to the secure CUIMC network (Mercury wireless or on-campus wired), including Linux. Simply log in to the website with your MC account and select Upload to send a file from the computer or device to your queue.
To use the print center please follow steps below or see our quick video tutorial.
Using the Print Center
- Go to https://print.cumc.columbia.edu/myprintcenter
IMPORTANT: This is an intranet site and will only open when directly connected to the secure campus network via Mercury wireless or on-campus wired.
- Type in your MC account username and password, then click the Log in button.
TIP: Your MC username is the first part of your CUIMC email address (typically your UNI), and the password is the same one used for your CUIMC email.
- You will see a Job List showing all unprinted documents you've sent to Pharos within the past 24 hours. If not select the Job List tab in the upper left.
- Select the Upload button and follow prompts to upload a file from the computer or device to your Job List.
- IMPORTANT: All uploads default to black and white, double-sided. To change either, or to select other options such as the number of copies, check the box to the right of the print job, then use menus under Print options: in the lower right of the Print Center window.
- If a print job was sent directly from a computer rather than using the Upload button in the Print Center website, print options cannot be adjusted here. You must have set any options when sending the print job from the computer.
- Log out of the Print Center window by clicking your name in the upper right and selecting log out.
To print out, go to any Pharos printer on campus, login with your MC account or tap your CUIMC ID, then select the job(s) to print. For detailed steps see printing from a Touch Screen or Multi-Function Touch Panel printer.
View Activity, Balance, or Delete Print Jobs
When logged in to the Print Center you can also:
- Select the Activity link (to the right of the Job List link in the upper left) to see jobs you've already printed, credits to your account including semester quotas and/or purchased pages, as well as dates and times for the activities.
- Your available Pharos balance or quota shows in the lower left corner under the Payment method heading.
- Jobs you've sent to a Pharos queue will automatically disappear after 24 hours. If you'd like to remove a job sooner, check the box to its left in your Job List then click the Delete button in the upper left at the top of the list.