Set Up a Windows Computer to Print to Pharos
Pharos Black and White (CUMC_B&W) and Color (CUMC_Color) printer queues will be set up on your computer when you have run the installation file(s) using the steps below, or see our video tutorial.
- You must have administrative rights on your computer user/login account.
- If your computer is running an older version of Pharos or one that has become corrupted, please follow the uninstall instructions before installing the current version.
- Make sure your computer is directly connected to the campus network via Mercury secure wifi, VPN if off campus, or the wired campus network.
- Go to the Pharos Uniprint website and select a link to download the installation file.
- To install both types of printers (black and white and color) at once, select CUMC_Pharos_Print_B&W_Color
- To install either type of printer separately, select CUMC_Pharos_Print_B&W for black and white or CUMC_Pharos_Print_Color for color printers.
- When prompted, Save the .exe file to a desired location on your computer. The file itself can be deleted once you have completed its installation.
- Browse to the downloaded file and double-click on it to open.
- If you see a Windows protected your PC... message from Microsoft Defender, click the More Info link, verify that the App: listed is CUMC_Pharos_Print..., then click the Run Anyway button in the lower right.
- If you see a warning window regarding allowing an app from an unknown publisher making changes to the computer/device that shows CUMC_Pharos_Print..., select Yes.
- Click on the Install button in the lower right corner of the window that appears. The Pharos package will install.
- Once installation has completed, select the Finish button in the lower right corner of the install window.
- Pharos is now set up on your computer. The Pharos printer queues are:
- CUMC_B&W - for any black and white Pharos printer, including multi function
- CUMC_Color - for the color printers in the Hammer Health Sciences building or Vagelos Education Center
If you see a Failed to connect to host... window when sending a print job, make sure you are directly connected to the campus network via Mercury secure wireless or on-campus wired.
NOTE: Printing to Pharos from off-campus using VPN is not supported.
If you are using a third-party firewall program, try temporarily disabling it and printing again. If that works, you'll need to configure your Firewall to permit outbound connections on port 28203. If you are using the built-in Windows Firewall, you do not need to make this change.