Reset Your MC/Email Password in myPassword
You must have a myPassword profile (security questions) set up before you can use myPassword to change your password. Refer to "MyPassword - MC/CUIMC Email Password Management" for information.
If you forget your MC domain (computer login) or CUIMC email account password, you can reset it using the myPassword website.
Note: myPassword is only to manage MC accounts and CUIMC Exchange/Microsoft 365 email accounts.
Note: The 2-minute timer at the bottom of most pages in myPassword prevents others from changing information if you have left your computer unattended. When it runs out you will need to log in again. If you need more time to fill out the fields, click any blank area on the myPassword page to restart the timer.
To reset your password with the myPassword website:
- If you have a smartphone or tablet that is connected to your CUIMC email account, put the device(s) in Airplane mode first. This prevents it from trying to connect using a password that is no longer correct and locking the account.
- Go to https://mypassword.cumc.columbia.edu.
- The myPassword Self-Service page will appear. Select the link to Reset my Password, as shown in the image above.
- You will be asked to verify the Captcha. Enter the image you see in the picture (in the example below, the word is "mouth"):
- will be prompted to enter your MC User Name, which is the first part of your CUIMC email address (usually your UNI).
- The security questions you selected when you set up your myPassword profile will appear one by one. Type in your answer and click once on the Continue button until you have successfully answered all of the security questions.
- Answers are case-sensitive: if you used any capitals when creating your profile they will be required here.
- Be sure to click on the continue button after answering each question rather than hitting the Enter key on your keyboard.
- If you are not able to correctly answer any of the questions, you must call the Service Desk. Remember to choose new security questions. View MyPassword - MC/CUIMC Email Password Management for more information.
- After successfully answering all security questions, you will be able to set your new password. At this point, please refer to "Change Your MC/Email Password in myPassword" for instructions, after step 6.
If you need a password reset but did not set up your security questions in myPassword or are not able to answer them, you can submit the CUIMC email/MC account Password Reset form (use your UNI to log in if prompted). A technician will contact you to assist with the reset.